Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Eh. Back Home

That's a Yellowcard song.

Don't know, what I was looking for when I went home, I found me alone.
And sometimes, I need someone to say "You'll be alright. What's on your mind?"
But the water's shallow here. And I am full of fe-ar. And empty handed after two long years.
Another sunny day in Cali-forn-i-a. I'm sure back home they'd love to see it.
But they don't know that what you love is ripped away.
Before you get a chance to feel it.

Back home. I always thought I wanted so much more, now I'm not too sure.
'Cause sometimes, miss knowing someone's there for me. And feeling free.
Free to stand beside, the ocean in moonlight.
And light myself a smoke beneath the dark Atlantic sky.
Another sunny day in Cali-forn-i-a. I'm sure back home they'd love to see it.
But they don't know that what you love is ripped away.
Before you get a chance, before you get a chance to feel it.

Hm. Good song. Oh well.

Um, in case you haven't been listening to the audio posts, here's a summary.
- We boarded up for the hurricane.
- I told my dad that if we left the Toyota by the canoes, the canoes would fall over onto the Toyota.
- He said that wouldn't happen.
- We went to Fort Myers.
- I drove with the dog in my truck and the 'rents drove my sister's car. The dog put her head in my lap and slept the whole time. She's boring.
- It was really windy in Fort Myers.
- I saw my cousins and Jeff, the new baby.
- We stole a generator from my uncle (He'll need it back next week.)
- There wasn't very much gas.
- We came back to MI.
- We saw the canoes tipped over onto the Toyota.
- I gave my dad an "I told you so" look.
- We don't have power.
- Generators use a lot of gasoline.
- Thank God our water heater is natural gas and not electric.
- Not too much flooding
- I can't wait 'til A/C comes back on...
- Ivan the Terrible coming...
- Is it really necessary that we take off school 'til Monday?
- We're gonna be in school until the middle of June at this rate.
- What if Ivan is here by Monday? We'll just take more days off.
- We may have a role reversal next weekend. Family may be coming here to seek shelter. (All 20 of them that need to evacuate...ugh.)

Hm. I think that's it. I don't got much more so um...yeah.

I'm out.

(I think I'll make that my tagline. I seem to be saying it a lot lately but I don't know why. Listen to the audioposts I say it in there and I'm not sure why either.)

I'm out. For real this time.