Thursday, December 02, 2004

Music Thing

Instructions: On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first 10 songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favorite lines of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the lines. Then, have your friends comment and see if they know the songs. (NO LOOKING THEM UP AND CHEATING PEOPLE.)

1.Well if they're making it, making it
and they're pushing it, pushing it
and they're leading us all along.
The hassle of all the screaming fits
The panic makes remorse.

2. I say "Don't you know?"
You say you don't go.
I say..."take me out!"
I say you don't show.
Don't move, time is slow.
I say..."take me out!"

3. No romance, no romance.
No romance for me, Mom.
Come on baby tell me what's the word
Word up.

4. Mile by mile we're farther apart,
Now it's one empty bottle and two broken hearts.
Night after night we are falling apart,
Now it's two broken bottles and four empty hearts.

5. Scan the cafeteria for some good seating
I found a good spot by the cheerleaders eating
the quaterback asked me if i'd like a beating
i said thats one thing i won't be needing

And since im rather smart and cunning
I took off down the next hall running
only to get stopped by a girl so stunning
(only to get stopped by a girl so stunning?)
she said you're smooth and good with talking
You'll go with me to the Sadie Hawkins

6. Welcome to the fallout.
Welcome to resistance.
The tension is here.
The tension is here.
Between who you are and who you could be.
Between how it is and how it should be.

7. I know you know everything.
I know you didn't mean it,
I know you didn't mean it.
I know you know everything.
I know you didn't mean it,
I know you didn't mean it.

8. Let's call this the quiet city.
Screams are felt as a wave of stoplights --- drive.
The sides we take divide us from our faith.
And the morning dove gets caught in the telephone wire.

9. You're on fire when he's near you.
You're on fire when he speaks.
You're on fire
burning out these mysteries.

10.
Before you landed
I had a will but didn't know what it could do.
You were abandoned
and still you're handing out what you don't wanna lose.
You make me drop things
like all the plans I had for a life without you.
Someone to die for.
Someone to fall into
When the world goes dark.
Someone to die for.
Someone to tear over.
In this endless night.
Someone like you.